Welcome to Rights in Russia
“[…] the striving for freedom never died out in Russia, and over the centuries in each generation there have been people who devoted their lives to the struggle for freedom, and sacrificed their lives for freedom’s sake.” – Liudmila Alekseeva (1927-2018)
“[…] We are not civil society. But we prepared the ground to enable civil society to emerge, and it has emerged.” – Arseny Roginsky (1946-2017)
Our Latest Posts
- Weekly Update [week-ending 25 November 2022]
- Aleksandr Podrabinek: Rhetorical Aid
- ‘Dovlatov’s phrase about “four million denunciations” is a dangerous falsehood.’ Aleksandr Cherkasov on repressions, the Nobel Prize and the state of human rights advocacy [Bumaga]
- OVD-Info Weekly Bulletin No. 281: Ever more restrictions
- Simon Cosgrove: A look back at the past week in Russia [week-ending 25 November 2022]
Our publications from the past week:
Our book reviews:
We hope you enjoy your visit to Rights in Russia.
If you would like to contribute in any way to our work, please get in touch by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to make a donation to support our work you can do so here.
Rights in Russia