Welcome to Rights in Russia
“[…] the striving for freedom never died out in Russia, and over the centuries in each generation there have been people who devoted their lives to the struggle for freedom, and sacrificed their lives for freedom’s sake.” – Liudmila Alekseeva (1927-2018)
“[…] We are not civil society. But we prepared the ground to enable civil society to emerge, and it has emerged.” – Arseny Roginsky (1946-2017)
Our Latest Posts
- Aleksandr Podrabinek: Look after the children. How the Kremlin is trying to turn Russian children into fools
- Support our appeal on Crowdfunder
- Aleksandra Krylenkova: ‘You can kill, beat, torture, seize and imprison a person. But you can’t make a person fight.’
- Weekly Update [week-ending 30 September 2022]
- Ivan Pavlov on mobilization: ‘The authorities will round up whoever they can catch. They’ll take whoever they can, either by persuasion or by force.’
Our publications from the past week:
Our book reviews:
We hope you enjoy your visit to Rights in Russia.
If you would like to contribute in any way to our work, please get in touch by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to make a donation to support our work you can do so here.
Rights in Russia